Counseling Corner

Janice Mitchell, Counselor

Michelle Larson, GEAR UP Coordinator & Near Peer Mentor

Counseling Corner


In order to guarantee you my time and individual attention, parents please make an appointment by calling 448-1211 x. 4.  My services include guidance in the areas of Academic, Career, or Social Emotional issues.  Please leave a message if I am unavailable.  I am often meeting with a parent, student or teacher, or am in classrooms.


The Counseling Office is committed to providing equal services to ALL students. Students can fill out a request to see me, or stop by before or after school or during lunch.


Counseling Office Hours: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm

Some services include:

  • Guidance towards meeting all graduation requirements
  • Guidance with PRLHS course selection
  • Provide resources for help with the selection of post-secondary college or training
  • College and career readiness
  • Assistance with registering for Compass, ASVAB, SAT or ACT
  • Provide resources and/or referral to community agencies
  • Assistance with social-emotional issues and skills (remediation, conflict resolution, etc.)

SAT Scores

SAT Scores

Individual SAT score reports are not sent directly to the High School.  Students can log in to the collegeboard website to access their SAT scores from the April SAT Idaho Junior test day.  Also interpretation of scores will be done next fall.  Here are instructions:

Getting SAT Scores from your College Board Account:

  1. Go to
  2. If you don’t have a collegeboard account you need to create one
  3. Click on Sign Up, then I am a Student
  4. Complete all personal information and submit
  5. Once your account is created, click on SAT
  6. It should take you to a page that says “For Students” in big black bold letters at the top, with “My Organizer” right underneath on the left hand side.
  7. Click on “My SAT” right under My Organizer
  8. It will ask you to log in again to verify your password
  9. Once you sign in again, it will take you to an SAT Registration page, which looks like it is asking you to register again.  You are really not registering again, you will be verifying your personal information. Click on “Continue” in the bottom right hand corner.
  10. The first question asks if you have previously taken the SAT.  Say “Yes”.  Then you will need to get your test registration number from your HS Counselor.
  11. Fill in the Test Registration Number, and complete and verify all other fields.
  12. Once you have verified all fields, click “Continue” in the bottom right corner.
  13. If you get an error message that your grade level and graduation date are inconsistent, scroll down to that field and check the box that says “No I do not wish to make changes” and click continue again.
  14. This will take you directly to your Organizer page; scroll down and you will see an arrow that says “Get Scores Now”.  Click on arrow.

Dual Credit/Advanced Opportunities

The state of Idaho has passed a bill allowing a $4125 stipend for every student in the state of Idaho to complete Dual Credit.  Dual Credit is college classes taken for both College and High School credit.  Dual credit classes can be done at PRLHS (English 101, English 175 and Sociology 101), on line through IDLA, on line through NIC, or AT the NIC college campus in either Sandpoint or CDA.  The state of Idaho will directly pay your college bill (up to $4125) if you apply for funding at the state website.  You must make an appointment with your HS Counselor before doing Dual Credit.  Please see our website for more information:








Student Mental Health Resource


988 Crisis lifeline

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.